Posts Tagged ‘life coach’
Is there someone in your life who you find intimidating or challenging? Perhaps it is time for a change in perspective.
Just imagine them:
- As a toddler having a tantrum
- Shrinking to a very small size and speaking in a mouse sized voice
- With words flashing on their forehead like sad, hurt, insecure, afraid, etc.
- As the sweet little infant they once were
- Morphing into a cartoon or fairy tale character
And, my favorite:
- See them for who they really are – a beautiful soul in a human body having a not so pretty life experience.
Don’t forget to leave a comment with your thoughts, ideas, or experiences using these tools.
How you start your day can determine how the entire day goes. If you do not consciously choose what you want to focus on, you may find yourself spending time on things that do not matter.
Try choosing 3 words each morning that help ground you in your best self or represent what you want to bring your focus to. Use them as your theme for the day.
Sample Words: Clear – Grounded – Confident – Focused – Healthy – Wise – Grateful – Loving – Professional – Effective – Community – Success – Integrity –Responsible – Compassionate – (you get the idea)
Post your words where you will see them or write them down to carry with you so that you can connect with them throughout the day.
Letting your chosen words guide and motivate you, will help you consciously create the life you want.
What are your three words for today? You can share them by clicking on “comment” below the title of this blog.
I recently connected online with a cousin I did not know I had. She had lived outside of our family and knew very little about our shared grandmother. I happily shared information and pictures and knew that it meant a lot to her. It felt natural and easy to do and I was excited to have this new cousin come in to my life.
It was only later that I realized the deeper level of healing going on. I was giving her the gift that I had always wanted. When I was a child, my father did not talk about his parents and even today it is surprising how little I know about them. All I have are names, dates, and a few little stories. There was an empty space in the grandparent files of my heart and I would have loved for someone to tell me more.
When we do not receive something we want or need as a child we carry the feeling of that absence with us into our future lives. When it is triggered we may even feel like the child we were when we had the original experience or respond in an immature way. I have found that the act of giving is a beautiful and natural way to bring these issues full circle.
Give to Yourself: If you wanted to be loved, love yourself. If you wanted to be heard, listen to your heart. If you were kept from following your dreams, choose a dream and go for it.
Give to Someone Else: If you were treated badly or held back in some way, you can give others the opposite experience. This happens a lot with our children. I have a client who grew up with an alcoholic father and is committed to giving her children the gift of a sober and healthy home.
Give to Your Inner Child: Imagine yourself at an age when there was something missing in your life. Picture yourself as that child. You can talk to her, hug her, color with her, or play on the swings at the park. You might be surprised how healing and how much fun it is to relate with your inner little one.
There will be times, like in my story, when this happens so naturally that you do not even notice what is happening. And, there will be other times when you sense an old need and make a conscious choice to work with it. Either way, you are stepping into opportunities for healing and moving forward.
We all have histories. Many of them continue to impact our day to day lives.
You might recognize their control in the ways you limit yourself, find life difficult, or still carry the pain of things that happened.
It may feel impossible, but you can heal your life. Here is one way to do it:
- Instead of resisting the memories and emotional pain that come forward, let yourself feel the feelings and then release them.
- Become vigilant in discovering limiting or harmful beliefs that you have learned along the way. Challenge them for validity and keep your focus on what is really true.
- Write a new meaningful story or vision for your life that inspires you and start taking baby steps toward making it your reality.
If this sounds overwhelming or scary for you, you may want to seek out the support of a coach or counselor to help you with your life healing journey.
Linda Luke (714)–282-0704 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After my walk the other day, I stretched out on the ground and looked up through the leaves of a large tree. I love this perspective and it mesmerizes me. So much so that I began to feel like the tree was sending me a message. This is what it said:
- Stand tall and proud
- Be fruitful or maybe even a little nutty
- Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb
- Create a solid foundation with deep roots
- Stretch for your place in the sun
- Become a safe haven for others
- Share your gifts with the world
- Stay connected to the peaceful beauty of nature
Your Turn: Which of these messages from the tree speaks to you the most?
Are you living fully?
Sharing your gifts?
Loving with an open heart?
Will your life matter in the end?
If not, it might be time to adjust course.
There is still a lot of confusion about what life coaches do. Even coaches have difficulty putting it into words. Add to that, all of the different specialties and niches and it can be challenging to know when you would benefit from having a coach of your own.
One of the times when coaching can make a big difference in your life is when you are facing a crisis or challenge. It might be a divorce, end of a career, or anything that upsets your balance. During times like these the support of an experienced, well trained coach can have a huge impact on how you feel and move through the situation.
Here are some of the ways a coach can help in troubled times:
- Providing a safe space for you to talk things out and feel heard
- Sharing tools and skills that will support you during the process
- Providing honest, unbiased feedback
- Reminding you to take care of and nurture yourself
- Supporting you in identifying your options and choosing a path
- Helping you explore and shift limiting thoughts and beliefs
- Supporting you in reconnecting with your true self
- Reminding you to acknowledge and appreciate yourself along the way
- Helping you rebuild your confidence and connect with your inner power
- Providing support as you let go of what no longer serves you
- Helping you bring forward a vision of what you want to create in your life
- Guiding you along the path that turns that vision into reality
If you would like coaching support through a life challenge, email: email@example.com for a free consultation.