Archive for the ‘Financial Fitness’ Category
The Law of Attraction is both interesting and exciting. The simple version is that we are all vibrating energy and whatever we put out into the world attracts similar energy. It is especially popular with people who want to use this law to manifest success in their lives or businesses.
The book and movie, “The Secret”, brought a lot of attention to the idea of attraction, but many people took it to mean that they could just sit on their couches and make their dreams come true. They failed to realize that the thought leaders in the book had also worked hard to get where they were at.
There are three elements to successfully using the Law of Attraction to manifest what you want in your life.
Be Impeccable with Your Thoughts and Words: What you think creates how you feel and the level of your energy. Every time you think of a limitation or doubt your dream, you make it more challenging to achieve. Instead, shift your negative thoughts to positive ones full of possibilities and gratitude.
Juice it Up: Connecting emotion to our thoughts supersizes their manifesting abilities. You can do this by focusing on why you want what you want and how it will feel to have it. Saturate yourself in the feeling of that end result and you will be more focused and drawn to making it happen.
Get Moving: When you take action you provide forward momentum and opportunities for the universe to give you feedback. Feedback may be a feeling that something is or isn’t right. It can also show up as synchronicity, things falling into place, or being blocked in some way. In order to know what to do next, you need to take the first step.
Don’t forget to comment and share your thoughts and experiences.
Photo courtesy of Bianca Storm
1. Create meaningful intentions for each of the following areas of your life:
- Physical Environment
- Personal/Spiritual Growth
- Personal Relationship/Romance
2. Set SMART goals that support your intentions – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time bound
3. List bite size actions steps for the success of your goals – keep these steps very small so that you can experience success often
4. Create a plan for how you will complete your actions steps – possible ideas include putting them on your calendar, commiting to one or more per day, focusing on only a few at a time, or setting deadlines
6. Celebrate and acknowledge yourself for every success along the way
I’ve been avoiding the smart phone craze. Somehow, all of those apps feel like clutter in my life. I don’t really want everyone to have access to me 24/7 and I don’t want to become one of those people who can’t go 5 minutes without looking at their phone. Why should I pay extra for things I don’t really want?
This doesn’t mean that I am resistant to technology or even really cheap. It just means I reviewed my options and chose a different path. I’m sticking with a simple phone and treating myself to a Kindle Fire instead. One time purchase. No monthly fees. Larger screen. And, access to the things I really want. I’m getting something I like better and paying less over time.
We have a lot of options these days and many of us are paying more than we need to. Review your bills and spending at least once a year. Decide what is important to you and see if there are less expensive ways to have it.
- Paper newspaper vs. online news
- Netflix and internet TV vs. cable or satellite
- Buying vs. trading or library books (download or paper versions)
- Standard vs. web based home or business phone lines
- Bank credit card processing for business vs. fee free mobile processing
You get to choose.
Think of it as a game. It can be a fun one to win!