Living in Alignment: Staying Connected with Your Authentic Self
Posted July 31, 2012on:
Life has a way of keeping us distracted or throwing us off balance. Sometimes it can send us spinning. When that happens, it is time to slow down and reestablish our connection with our authentic self. Doing so will ground us and provide what we need to move forward with ease and grace.
When you take time to remember who you really are, you become more focused and clear. Living in alignment with your authentic self is more peaceful and helps you build confidence. You will find that life feels easier and it takes more to upset you. You will be living the life you were meant to live.
Ways to connect with your authentic self:
- Identify your top 5 core values and use them to guide your life.
- Check within before making choices, even simple ones.
- Write about what you know for sure.
- Always tell the truth.
- Look at the world with fresh eyes, paying attention to colors, aromas, and tastes that attract you.
- Listen to your body. When does it contract or tighten and when does it feel open? Let it guide you.
- Remember your natural talents.
- Write a vision of what you want for your life.